Search Allecat for books, ebooks, dvds and more. No journal articles are in Allecat.
Improving Your Search Results:
- Use the name of the author as a Subject Search:
Last Name, First Name
- Also look for the author as a keyword.
- Consider looking for the author in the author field: example: Cervantes, Lorna
- Subject Searching is complex. There are many subject headings that could describe Latino/a authors:
Look for many variations of subject terms. Some examples:
American literature -- Hispanic American authors
American literature -- Hispanic American women authors -- History and criticism
Hispanic American literature (Spanish) -- Women authors -- History and criticism
- Use Truncation * to find variant forms of your words.
- Use the OR command to find any of your words: love or violence or war
- Use the AND command to find both or all of your words: love and hispanic
- Combine your terms using () to group like terms
(latina or latino or hispanic) and (author* or literature*) and love
Search MLA Bibliography for Latino/a Literature
Modern Language Association Bibliography
What is MLA Bib?
contains over 2,223,181 bibliographic records for books, book chapters, journal articles, and dissertations published since 1923 in the fields of language, literature, and folklore.
Where is MLA Bib located?
- Each entry in the database includes the author name(s), the title of the work, and, for articles or book chapters, the source in which the article appears. Also included are subject terms which identify the national literature, the time period of the subject work, the genre, and many other descriptive terms assigned by the editors of MLA.
- Take advantage of the Advanced Search Limits. The most "popular" limits are "English only," peer reviewed, and document type limits.
- The Keyword search includes words from titles, subject headings, and notes. Searches in the MLA are not case-sensitive: Chavez and chavez are treated the same.
- Use the truncation symbol * to find variant forms of a term: margin*-->margin, margins, marginalization, etc.
- Begin your search with keywords and examine the resulting set for desirable records. Use the subject terms in these records to glean new search terms if needed.