Lawrence Lee Pelletier Library
Named after an Allegheny College President, Pelletier is the main campus library.
The entrance (main) floor is designed as student space for collaborative learning. It includes the reference, circulation and the Learning Commons. All these services are available to help students with research, study, writing and speaking skills needed for college success.
Alden Hall Computing Library
The collection in Alden Hall has Computing Science books and proceedings.
Arter Hall Mathematics Library
Located with the Mathematics Department, the Arter library has current books and journals for the study and teaching of Mathematics.
Allegheny College Library Collections
The collections of Allegheny College include
- 350,000 volumes of books and journals
- 35,000+ journal titles, chiefly electronic
- 5,000 videos and DVDs
Besides the collection supporting the curriculum directly, the library has unique Special Collections. These include
- The Ida M. Tarbell papers, including the research for her biography of Lincoln.
- The original library of the College, donated from some of the primiere private libraries of the early 19th century.
The philosophy of the Library is that as many College collections as possible should be represented in our online catalog so that all resources, regardless of their location on campus, are available to our students. For this reason we also catalog
- The Student Game Room collection of games and videos
- The ACCEL office materials in career development
- The Language Lab collection of language resources
- The Methodist Archives Collection