Purchase Requests for Books, Videos, CDs
The Library buys books, videos and other
materials recommended by the faculty as needed for the curriculum.
The Library does not buy materials at the doctoral-research level.
The Library does not purchase recreational reading; we do maintain a small, rotating collection of popular books.
faculty (including visiting and adjunct faculty) may submit requests.
Check with your department for any internal procedures for gathering requests.
The Library purchases as many books, videos, CDs and other materials as possible within our budget
Extraordinarily expensive requests will be double-checked with the department chair.
Materials may also be purchased through grants.
For each grant, the Library and Development will establish who has the authority to make purchases.
Any or all of these methods will work; more complete information is better
- Online Form - Click Here
- Email orders - send to email@example.com with full citation, including ISBN when appropriate.
- Physical orders - send to Box 117
- Initial and return "Choice" cards sent to each department by the library
- Sale catalog, marked up. Please send quickly so we can get the sales price
- Brochures, advertisements, catalogs, citations (original or copies)
For every request, please indicate:
- Who sent the request
- Multiple initials if more than one person (when funds are low, these requests have priority)
- Date needed by
- Whether you want to be notified when it arrives (write out your last name)
- If it is for reserve, the course, section number and reserve loan period
go out of print quickly; please order as soon as you know you want the
Any titles we can't purchase this year will be held for review the following year.
Books usually arrive 8-10 weeks after the order. Foreign books will take longer.