Last Updated: Sep 22, 2014
FS ENG 201: Writing and Speaking about the Brontes
Professor Diane D'Amico
Librarian: Cynthia Burton
Tips for comprehensive searching:
- Complement your search of MLA International Bibliography with a search in Arts and Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) to locate current articles.
- Remember that JSTOR is not current; there is a 3-5 year lag in journal coverage.
- Always feel free to consult a reference librarian for more ideas.
- MLA International Bibliography
Subjects: Literature, folklore, language, and linguistics.
Contains: Citations to books, journal articles, essay collections, and theses. Non-English language materials included.
Coverage: 1923 to present.
- Literature Resource Center
Contains: Criticism, biographies, bibliographies, work overviews and explications, Web sites, periodical articles, compare and contrast pages, full-text author's works.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
Subjects: Arts and humanities.
Contains: Citations and abstracts to journal articles. Citation mapping. Some non-English language material included.
Contains full text articles from scholarly or academic journal titles. Limit to Language and Literature if needed. Searches the full text of included journal titles from the beginning issues of the journal. Coverage is not current, there is a 3-5 year embargo on current journal articles.
Good for "contemporary criticism" of works.
- Nines (Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-Century Electronic Scholarship)
scholarly organization devoted to forging links between the material archive of the nineteenth century and the digital research environment of the twenty-first.
Subjects: Mostly humanities with some social sciences.
Contains: Full text articles from scholarly publications.
Coverage: dates vary by journal
- Essay and General Literature Index
Subjects: Entire range of the Humanities and Social Sciences
Contains: Citations from 5,300 anthologies and multi-author collections